Panacea Journal of Medical Sciences

Online-Issn No :
Print-Issn No :
Language :
Publisher :
IP Innovative Publication Pvt. Ltd.

Indexed - 2016 : IPI Value (3.8)

Indexed - 2017 : IPI Value (3)

Indexed - 2018 : IPI Value (3)

Indexed - 2019 : IPI Value (3.10)

Indexed - 2020 : IPI Value (3.10)

Indexed - 2021 : IPI Value (4.00)

Diagnosis and modalities of treatment of Fracture penis in a single center: An observational study

Article PDF :

Veiw Full Text PDF

Article type :

Original Article

Author :

Ashok Kumar Nayak, Sanjay Kumar Mahapatra, Rohit Kumar Gohil, Harish Chandra Dhamudia, Kranti Guru

Volume :


Issue :


Abstract :

Introduction: Penile fracture has very low incidence. Sexual intercourse, masturbation, or forceful penile manipulation are the common causes of penile fracture. Surgery is the primary treatment but in certain cases conservative treatment is also bene?cial but usually has poor outcome. The aim of this study was to review the pattern of penile fracture occurrence, its clinical presentation, diagnosis, management, and outcome at our center. Materials and Methods: Between 2012 to 2018 and, 30 patients with penile blunt trauma on an erect penis were admitted to our center. We analyzed the following variables: age, etiology, symptoms and signs, diagnosis, treatment, complications and erectile dysfunction during the follow-up. 29 patients underwent surgical repair and 1 patients were submitted to conservative management. Results: Follow-up was in every three months for one year. Trauma during sexual relationship was the main cause of penile fracture. The most common site of tear was the proximal shaft of penis. Urethral injury was not present in any patient. During follow-up, 27 cases (93.10%) of the surgical group and one of the conservative group reported su?cient erections for intercourse, with no voiding dysfunction. However, the remaining 2 patients (6.89%) from the surgical group developed erectile dysfunction and penile patient managed conservatively developed chordee. Conclusion: Early surgical intervention is the primary modality of treatment for fracture penis and give better outcome with less complications.

Keyword :

Eggplant deformity

Doi :



List of peer review journals Courier services near me General Knowledge - Gk in Hindi Open Abstract Research Help Desk
Paramedical Courses