Button battery ingestion- case report and review

Article PDF :

Veiw Full Text PDF

Article type :

Case Report

Author :

P Venkata Ramana Rao, Rama Krishna Pedada, V Chandra Sekhar, P Ashok Kumar

Volume :


Issue :


Abstract :

Over the last few years there is a rise in use of button batteries in various toys and other electronic gadgets. Easy availability and small size of these batteries pose a significant risk of ingestion in small children. Button battery ingestion can lead to serious health hazards very rapidly. A 2-year-old girl presented to the emergency room of a community hospital complaining of hematemesis. X-ray showed a coin lithium battery located in the esophagus, and she was transferred to a referral hospital and succumbed to death after 4 hours survival in king george hospital. Postmortem examination revealed massive blood clots in stomach.

Keyword :

 Button battery, Children, Hematemesis, Esophagus, Blood clots.
Journals Insights Open Access Journal Filmy Knowledge Hanuman Devotee Avtarit Wiki In Hindi Multiple Choice GK